How to read the chapter examples:

How to read the chapter examples:



There are 8 posts on the page at a time. You can scroll down to the one that is "chapter one for beginners to the site" and read up from there. All "older" writting is listed as "old stuff." These are writtings that have changed over time or may not even be in the book. I left them on the blog to show how things change in the process. Enjoy, and check us out on facebook. --Jon

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

updates

"Theoden: [stands up from the throne] Dark have been my dreams of late.
[looks at his hands]
Gandalf: Your fingers would remember their old strength better... if they grasped your sword." - The Lord of the Rings

My life has hit a major bump in the road. My wife passed away suddenly and unexpected on Feburary 18th, 2011. She was the best part of my day. My muse and my cheerleader. I have attempted to continue the writing and find that I want to put her on every page. That may not be a bad thing, however I must keep to the plot. Alexenah will certainly pick up some of who she was, and it was always my goal to write her in as a character named Raena.

Unfortunately, I have experienced another loss. One not so great. I had worked on new chapters connecting the start to the origional beginning of the book, yet had not saved the last few editing/rewrites when my computer crashed. Obtaining a new hard drive, I spent yesterday uploading all I had saved on the book and gathered the printed pages of the latest writing. I now have the task of putting it back together and finishing this task.

I was away for two weeks on a trip with my son. During that time the plot became more real in my mind, fleshing out some of the mystery and how to present it. I feel more than ever that this is my task and whether I write anything else, that for my wife's sake, I will finish what she so willingly promoted and sacrificed so that I could pursue writing this novel. Without her encouragement, I will move ahead. I must draw upon her life as though she stands beside me. There is a quote we both liked in the movie "Conan: the Barbarian." Renee was very much like this:

"All the god's, they cannot sever us. If I were dead and you were fighting for life, I'd come back from the darkness. Back from the pit of hell to fight at your side." --Valeria

I love you still, Renee' and I miss you so.
I will pick up my sword again. -- Jon

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, question, rude remark or just say "hi".

Questions, comments and rude remarks needed..

Please leave questions, comments and /or rude remarks by clicking on the word "comments" under each blog entry.



Show your stuff!

We would like to post origional Fan artwork about the book. Send artwork to viatorvictori@gmail.com



Note: You will not be sent unwanted emails nor will your name be sold. (unless you want your name sold.....I do know this Druid guy.......who does 'special' things like that.)



Let us know you dropped by! Sign our guestbook located right under Tom's picture!! Just click on "view my guestbook."







Caradoc

Caradoc
"Will this suffice?"

Jachin

Jachin
"He sunk deep into the nook of the tree..."